Sunday, April 11, 2010

GRAVEL AT THE DOOR

The sound, view, warmth, welcome, ease, history, joy, affordability, aesthetics. Gravel at the door.
.
"He who is born with a silver spoon in his mouth is generally considered a fortunate person, but his good fortune is small compared to that of the happy mortal who enters this world with a passion for flowers in his soul." Celia Thaxter, in, An Island Garden.
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara
.
Pic via Greige Design. Pics soon of my new chandelier in the Butler's Pantry (aka mudroom) & gravel to my front door.

5 comments:

Connie in Hartwood said...

What is it that's so appealing about the crunch of gravel under foot? I can't describe it, but I like it.
Connie

Ewa said...

what a lovely quote you found - thanks so much...
.
when it comes to gravel, what about walking highheels? not possible, right?

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Ah, the sound. I love the sound.

Things That Inspire said...

I love the idea and the look of gravel. I don't really love the reality though - I just don't really like walking on it! I was at the Buckhead Blooms tour today (Atlanta Preservation Center) and one of the homes had a gravel driveway. I wasn't a happy camper walking across it!

Things That Inspire said...

I do adore this picture, though!