Wednesday, February 17, 2010

IRON: Ugly to Fabulous

Lost my head in envy seeing ugly Ranch Burger iron welded (why didn't I think of this?) into fabulous gates, below.


AND they are flanked with a pair of heterosexual

statues.





Gates, statues? Where do they lead?
DAHhhhhhhhhhhLINGS, last week

I entered the gates to the promised land, above. In Birmingham, AL.
.
Each piece sourced from around the globe........more later. Ta ta, tootles. Must draw a landscape design this morning.
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara
.
Pics taken last week in Birmingham, AL.

9 comments:

Rob (ourfrenchgarden) said...

Heaven knows I love places like that. It's got Saturday morning written all over it. I used to spend many a saturday AM searching reclaim yards and architectural antiques back in the UK.

Queenplinker said...

I love the ranch home iron stuff (what is called.lol) Brain is working over the idea...don't need gate, surely I could use this somewhere else. Thanks for the inspiration, as always ;0)

Have a fabulous day, Lynea

My House, My Garden said...

Could that be my landscape drawing you are working on? Yea! vikki

La Petite Gallery said...

Oh Darlin!
I can see you love your work.. Creativity, Go girl. Great idea's
You got me excited about these projects. What fun..

Vera @ Cozy Little Cabin said...

Oh my! The last photo made me truly gasp out loud! What a heavenly place!!!!

I think I still have kinfolk living in B'ham . . . I might have to pay them a visit! LOL

Sweet Home and Garden Carolina said...

You've crossed the line, Tara, into my old stomping ground that is :-) Actually I'm from the Huntsville area.

That is an awesome place.

debra @ 5th and state said...

brilliant tara!

yes that was a head thumper of "why didn't i think of that!"

debra

Cyndia said...

WHERE in B'ham? I'm in Huntsville & need a road trip!

Christine B. said...

I'm not sure if it's humanly possible to be more jealous than I am right now. We have absolutely nothing like that here. Any kind of salvage shop has for a prefix "snowmachine" or "ATV."

Christine in Alaska