Thursday, February 18, 2010

HUMBLED

Until I walked my garden for snow pics, below, who knew the witchazel was blooming?
Daphne buds, below, fat. Snow/ice, no problem, they always open in fragrant perfection.

Providence laughs in gardens.
.
Designing fabulous landscapes is all about letting Providence laugh.
.
HOW? Use plants for your area & plan for something new to begin bloom every 2 weeks. It's the backdoor to birds, butterflies & more. Without effort.
.
You'll discover your garden is a hobbit hole of grace & atonement.
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara
.
Isn't atonement a great word? At one with. In my garden, sometimes, I'm in atonement with nature, time, loved ones & friends & pets who are gone, problems I can't solve, joy, beauty, new ideas, a good book, acceptance, not forcing solutions, placing hope in God's hands, the richness of solitude, forgiveness, meandering thoughts, discarding old ideas no longer serving my life, & mostly, the grace I seek.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

"a hobbit hole of grace and atonement" WOW, I love that- so beautifuly put!
Cheers,
Stephanie

Rob (ourfrenchgarden) said...

I always read the small print. Glad I did here...

I need a day like that in the garden.

Brenda Pruitt said...

I've been saying for some time I want some witch hazel. No time like the present!
Brenda

Unknown said...

a hobbit hole of grace & atonement!!!!

Yes...I think I'll remember that line....smiles.

My House, My Garden said...

Tara ... that was truly a beautiful post. Made me thankful for all I have!! Vikki

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Ah yes...let us not forget the squirrels,racoons and possum families!

home before dark said...

daphne shrubs will be my last frontier. so finicky here. but i am determined.

Mary Bo Berry said...

Thanks for a great post, Tara. I ordered one of your books from Amazon last week and am anxiously awaiting its arrival. Just recently found your blog (via Cote de Texas) and am really learning and enjoying it!

Mary