Friday, September 18, 2009

SEVERAL LANDSCAPE DESIGN TRICKS

Do you think this is an accident? Just Let It Touch. My landscape design trick with focal points. Foliage barely gracing the edges of a focal point.
.
Think the azaleas 'accidentally' bloomed on the chair? Hardly. I designed it to happen.
.
Pruning to the event.
.
Siting the Well-Placed-Chair. It's on axis in the woodland walk from the back gate, and the front gate. It's on axis from inside, Vanishing Threshold: downstairs breakfast room & living room, upstairs library.
.
More than a home run, the chair has 5 axis views.
.
And you thought it was just a chair in the garden?
.
Landscape design skills used:
...........Tara Inventions............

1. Just Let It Touch
.
2. Vanishing Threshold
.
3. Well-Placed-Chair
.
4. The-More-Axis-Focal Points-Have-The-Better-They-Are.
.
Traipsing continents for decades seeking what makes a landscape work. Seeing universal patterns across space/time. Copying them. Naming them.
.
In college my landscape design classes had none of this stuff. Why not? Perhaps it's what the Founding Fathers discovered. When truths are Self-Evident they need to be written.
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

I enjoy coming here every time you post so I can learn some new design tricks.
thank you,
Carolyn

Living the life in The Little City said...

I second what Carolyn just wrote. I appreciate the design lessons very much.

the gardener's cottage said...

I think I just truly figured out your axis point. I'm a slow learner:)