Monday, September 14, 2009

CHOOSING TO PAINT & STAIN

It's not an easy choice. Staining wood & painting iron in your landscape. No going backward once your 6' teak bench is stained.
Hard work going forward painting your inherited rusted iron chairs.

I waited years to pull the trigger.


It never looked 'bad'.
.
Once the deed was done, WHY DID I WAIT SO LONG?
.
A French conceit, consistently applying color in the landscape. Studying in France I saw that it worked.
.
If it works in a fabulous landscape it will work in yours.
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara

3 comments:

LIBERTY POST EDITOR said...

Your words are as beautiful as your work.

The Changing Look of Friends said...

Yes, Why did you wait so long? The two pieces look fabulose with the new color!

Living the life in The Little City said...

I understand the procrastination about staining and painting. The target at my house is a cedar fence. Not bad once it silvers with age, but I think it would look better stained. Unfortunately, my husband disagrees!