Wednesday, June 10, 2009

SUSANNE HUDSON'S FRONT PORCH

Framed by 2 magnolias, Susanne Hudson's front porch is a masters class of design. Susanne created the Penny McHenry Hydrangea Festival honoring 2 loves, a plant & a friend.
In her town, Douglasville, GA, Susanne is proof, Build it & they will come.

Susanne asked me to speak to her garden club last year. That venue was her wildly successful wedding & events business, Le Jardin Blanc.

This year I spoke at the Penny McHenry Hydrangea Festival. It was last Saturday.

Trams shuttled visitors to speaking venues, tented vendors & open gardens.

After speaking it became pure garden fantasy. Seeing Susanne's garden.

Her front porch took 1/2 hour.


Her home is on the historic register.


Green, brown & white are Susanne's favorite colors to use in the garden.

Oh my, the timelessness of Susanne's design.

She creates realms of calm repose. Simply.
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara

12 comments:

Terry said...

It's places like this that help cure me being a style bigot. If you described the place in words, I'd say it wasn't my style. Seeing it, I'd give it a blue ribbon. How do you get pictures with nobody sitting in those chairs? Once I got on that porch, you'd need policeman to get me off.

Tara Dillard said...

Exactly Terry. And Susanne's garden is so fabulous you're inspired to take away ideas for creating ANY era landscape style.

I'm ahead of you, I invited myself back to Susanne's garden later this month AND I'm spending the night. No dust under my feet when it's important.
XO Tara

Mary Kay Andrews said...

Like a tall glass of iced-tea on a hot Georgia afternoon. ahhhhh.

cotedetexas said...

What a beautiful porch - i love that picture that shows the porch with the curtains - just lovely!!!!

Unknown said...

How beautiful....I LOVE front porches. I was searching the blog world for ideas to decorate my small front porch. It's not nearly as big as this one...but you've given me some good ideas. Thanks!

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Hello, I first saw Susanne's place on HGTV and just fell in love with it. I know it's an older post but just had to comment on it. Could I possibly use your pics to do an upcoming post on her. I'd give you credit of course. Thanks, Theresa

Tony Destroni said...

hi good day ! nice post you have . about this decors .they are beautiful . this decoration add attraction to our home . it depends only on how you put it or the arrangement in order to fit it in your interiors and theme . like me i have some home and garden decors which i contrast with my garden accessories and windspinners and they blend perfectly . lovely set up !

Fishtail Cottage said...

What fantastic porch pics! I would love to have you link up a gardening post to my garden party -Cottage Flora Thursday's??? Hope to see you tomorrow...xoox

Fishtail Cottage said...

Not sure if my last comment posted..so i'm sending it again. I started a Garden Party link on my blog "Cottage Flora Thursday's" I'm looking for other gardeners who are passionate about Cottage Garden Landscape like myself & want to see others posts & share some of thier own. Hope to see you tomorrow! Have a fantastic Wednesday! xoox
~tracie

Unknown said...

It is a very beautiful home designing in this time and I am very impress to this design. Very inspiring and keep up the good work! :)

Philippines properties for sale

cotedetexas said...

looking for her library!!!

Unknown said...

How do you hang these drapes?
What fabrics are used?