Tuesday, May 12, 2009

LANDSCAPE MUSE: SHARING A WOMAN

Who is this woman? SHIP MAN sent her to me. As his name implies he travels the globe. In Capri a couple of weeks ago, this woman fascinated him. He knew I would be fascinated too. I've kept her to myself for 2 weeks wondering if she was relevant for my blog. Yes.
.
She taps into my heart, intellect, muse, hopes, fantasy, fears. Fears? Not of aging but of some of her experiences. But without those experiences she wouldn't be an incredible woman pausing on a sidewalk in Capri 2 weeks ago.
.
I've examined, closely, her hair, skin, eyes, ears, mouth, posture. She is beautiful. And her clothes are perfection. The quality of the fabrics, their color. The stunning collar of her shirt, the collar of the coat. Is the shirt Egyptian cotton, the coat cashmere?
.
What are her stories? Her loves, losses, pets, gardens, favorite books, recipes to cook, music, interior decoration and what do her shoes look like?
.
Simply seeing her feeds my muse. Greedy, I want to meet her. Selfishly thinking what she knows of life would add magic to my landscape designs.
.
Thank you SHIP MAN, seeing her is magic enough.
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara

2 comments:

Lya Sorano said...

She looks like Anne Taylor Fleming . . . .

Barbara Wells Sarudy said...

I agree, she is compelling.