Wednesday, March 4, 2009

YOU OWN THE SKY

LOOK UP & LANDSCAPE THE SKY. Questioning my sweet little garden a few hot, polluted summers ago,
WHY DOES THIS TINY LANDSCAPE CREATE THE FEELING OF INFINITE SPACE?

How can a landscape be tiny when it has the sky?


Technically you're looking at ceiling, canopy, understory, walls, floor....my garden room.
My garden life. I'm stealing-the-view. Some of the trees aren't on my property.



No matter the season.
.
See the little birdhouse in the top pic? Cone shaped at the top it directs the eye upward too.
.
It's an iron birdhouse from TJMAXX, on sale, near New Orleans, when I lectured at one of their parish libraries. After Katrina. Every chair filled. You should have seen their eyes. This audience that had lost so much. Their eyes full of excitement about doing something happy.
.
Their landscapes were 'dragged off'. What does that mean? I didn't know either.
.
After Katrina, equipment came into yards to remove fallen trees. As the trees were 'dragged off' they pulled away every bush, groundcover, perennial. Landscapes devastated by the storm were completely decimated by the clean-up.
.
So many stories the news never covers.
.
Anyway. Landscape your sky. It's been a tiny part of creating a nurturing life for me.
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara



No comments: