Tuesday, March 3, 2009

THE QUEEN'S POT

Do you think this is an empty pot? At Glamis Castle, Scotland I wandered away from the group in the garden. A meadow & copse beckoned. Honestly, I thought it was off limits. Raising the siren call.
.
Of course I went. Stopping first and investigating an area labeled, DO NOT ENTER. More about that happy adventure another day. On to the copse.
.
In the frisson of meadow & copse, a pot. Tall, on a plinth. Big, you could bathe in it. Old, mortals could never afford it. Royalty? Obviously. And, GLORIOUSLY EMPTY.
.
The pot was permission, YES, COME INTO MY LOVELY WOOD. I discovered an arboretum with every tree labeled and mature. I was walking in the pages of a picture book.
.
No one from my group ventured into the copse. Those elegant trees were mine alone. One of the happiest moments of my life. This is when/where I invented, THE QUEEN'S POT.
.
Tara's landscape design rule: your pots must be so incredible they can remain empty.
.
Yesterday's snow & my Queen's Pot out the bay window.
.
You can't bathe in her but she's bruised some men !
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara

2 comments:

Lona said...

It is a wonderful picture! Love it.

Chrisy said...

..was lovely wandering around with you...