Wednesday, March 11, 2009

LANDSCAPE BOOK COVER

This landscape design was all about Miss Ellie. She's in dog heaven now but her terrain was my job site. Miss Ellie loved to run. Her route was powdery earth. Nothing grew under Miss Ellie's feet. It's a small backyard with canopy & understory trees. Miss Ellie's mom, Virginia Hendricks, was the Interior Decorator I referred for years. Until she selfishly married & moved away. Every square inch Virginia decorates is a square inch to covet. Understand my challenge? Create a dog haven & make it gorgeous. Above, the family room looks from the deck to the swing. I emphasized the enfilade in the design and used lots of repetition to make the small space 'feel' larger.
.
Virginia & Miss Ellie's landscape is on the cover of my book, The Garden View.
.
Lots more pics and the plan drawing showing enfilades and multiple double axis.
.
Garden & Be Well, XO T



2 comments:

Unknown said...

That does look nice from the deck. A great and comfy looking little area.

lawn concepts emg said...

Not only the perfect space for animals, but children too. I love it! It makes indoor seem bigger when outdoor flows smoothly.