Saturday, February 28, 2009

WHAT INSPIRES & WHAT BORES

Vanishing threshold landscapes inspire me.
House, garden & life in perfect accord.
.......... INSPIRATION. Botanical garden glass houses BORE me when I'm in them. But their pictures resonate, later.
You can pick up a few ideas. Pots on a roof, above.

A dramatic display template to copy, above.
I wanted to go down the stairwell to see the heating system. No Entry...said the silly sign.

The path, above, shouting, Walk Thru & Go Away.
.................The inspirational picture, top, shouting, Stay--Enjoy Life.

Everyone 'WALKING THRU'. No invitation to STAY. Darling, this is BORING.

Enjoying the mechanics of drainage more than the expensively glassed conservatory landscape.

Ok, I was seduced by some curves!

Nice, above, but it's landscape design boredom.

Mechanical jewelry, above. A crank to open the glass roof. Who was the man placing beauty into its function?

In the States it's rare to see a beautifully pruned hedge, above.

Curves, above, are sumptuous simplicity.

Opposite side of sumptuous simplicity, above, amusement park chic.
.
Have you noticed homes with AMUSEMENT PARK CHIC LANDSCAPES aren't really homes with a gardener?
.
Have you noticed homes with SUMPTUOUS SIMPLICITY LANDSCAPES are the home of an exquisite gardener?
.
Oh my, how quickly I traveled from What Inspires & What Bores, to, The Sacred & The Profane.
.
Often, I have to 'SELL' clients less than they ask for.
.
Steering away from elements of AMUSEMENT PARK CHIC. Knowing we all go thru the landscape design archetypes..............
.
Yes, I'll write more of these things later.
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara
Top pic via Euro Antique Market, remaining pics I took at Kew last month

3 comments:

v said...

Lovely! Especially the use of small rocks as borders for flowerbed.Blossom Blooms

Visual Vamp said...

I love that you have an opinion and you express it!
The only other blog I see do this is a trashy little thing http://girl-world-decor.blogspot.com/
You certainly don't bore ha ha
xo xo

Rob (ourfrenchgarden) said...

Hello Tara

Austere those Victorians. I haven't been to Kew in years.

That first pic instantly says France.

Rob