Saturday, November 9, 2019

Bringing Potted Plants Inside: Not Your Mother's Advice

Months, no rain, weeks, 100f, without a goodbye, cold.
.
Quickly, pots luxuriating all summer outside, now inside.
.
No drama, no worries where those pots would be placed.
.
Garden Design Course, in a photo, below.
.
Got the memo first seeing this table/pots.  And a new Garden Design Rule.  You must have a pretty table, inside, to be ruined with potted plants.
.
Beloved, with great concern, "You're damaging the table."   Me, with a smile from the heart, "I know."
.
Of course I made sure to use a table I had bought at a thrift store, solid mahogany, dropleaf, gateleg, ca. 1940's.
.
Potted plants Cut flowers naturally appear on mantels and windowsills but true English country homes spotlight their...
Pic, above, here.
.
16 | Emily Dickinson Quotes Series | 190622 pinterest @ valourineart and ig @ valourine / #quote #quotes #motivation #motivational #inspiring #inspiration #inspirational #motivating / |law of attraction quotes / |money quotes / |abraham hicks quotes / |inspirational spiritual quotes / |what a li… • Millions of unique designs by independent artists. Find your thing.
Pic, above, here.
.
Garden & Be Well,     XO T
.
So, do you already have a table to ruin, or heading to thrift store today?
.
Aside from childish glee in setting pots to table inside, humbled by the layer of beauty and joy they bring to what had already been thought a pretty room.  Whoa, missed a layer?  Bigly.   

5 comments:

Dewena said...

That lovely room really wouldn't be the same minus those pots of plants in the window. I love the laciness of the foliage. And the blue Chinese vase behind them. I didn't take potted plants outside this summer so none to bring in and this year I didn't bring inside big pots of herbs that usually take up floor space in front of the few sunny windows we have here. I did bring a beautiful amaryllis out of hibernation in a dark closet, trimmed and cleaned it up and set in the sink to water--hundreds of aunts ran out, carrying eggs (I guess it was) out with them. I used to have as many as 8 pots of amaryllis at a time put in my closets to bring out and never had ant nests in them! I know they're God's creatures but I'd prefer they didn't live in my house.

Barbara Pilcher said...

I need a bigger table. I can't bear to kiss those geraniums goodbye yet.

mona gabriel said...

Oh I love it. Yes, ruin the table with the plants...life is too short not to.
Love, Mona

martamag said...

Wonderful ideas for landscaping. Thanks.

Isla said...

Oh, the tables I have "ruined"!