Monday, July 10, 2017

In Lieu of Green Meatballs

Friends in a 30+ year old home, with its original green meatball foundation planting mentioned taking them all out.  Wildly, I mentioned, Perhaps Not.  Especially since there are almost 40 green meatballs.  Plenty of scope for the imagination.
.
Have fun with pruning for a couple of years, below.

Het zoetste buitenleven - Groen van bij ons - Bloemen en planten
Pic, above, here.

 strakke voortuin / re-pinned on www.tobydesigns.com
Pic, above, here.
.
Oh my the challenge of those straight lines, and foliage from top to ground.  Bravo.
.
Have no idea how these evergreens, above, are pruned.  I know I would have to pull several strings as guides, getting perfect perpendiculars and right angles.
.
Anyway.  If your foundation plantings have become a morass of cliched green meatballs, perhaps a few perfectly formed green meatloafs?  For a change, and whimsy.
.
Garden & Be Well,   XOT

1 comment:

Penelope Bianchi said...

Aha! I now feel like a total genius! I have hacked back some bushes that got way too tall and big; and am making round topiaries of them! They are chic! It is fun! (not doing rectangles.....string is against my religion) but I hate ripping plants out. They are looking really good!
Spread the idea!!!