Saturday, July 16, 2016

Terra Cotta Inside

Bringing in a live plant in a terra cotta pot, is exactly that, bringing in life.  More, it's an interior design concept centuries old.
.
Planted pots brought from my previous garden are not an option, they are gorgeous but several hundred pounds each with their soil/plant.
.
For months I've been on the prowl for suitable plants for staging at least 20 terra cotta pots.  Of course the prowl has been one of convenience, already going into L, H, W, for other items.
.
Aside from knowing it's time for Susanne Hudson & I to split another order of various ivy topiaries, I suppose it's my past, those 5 years at 2 nurseries with incredibly fascinating selection.  Nope, don't want anything less.  When I bring my terra cotta pots inside, a rotating selection, I want to have fun making the next round of choice, and once inside, the terra cotta pots must make me smile.
.
One of the nurseries sold out, the other still hanging on, it has an FTD side too.
.
I'm still in Atlanta most weeks with design work, or a job installation.  I must stop at my old nursery, and buy enough 'interesting' for me & Susanne.  She has a stunning, most unusual, angel wing begonia that belonged to her grandmother, I'll take cuttings this fall.
.
Glad of my terra cotta pot collection in various sizes.  Have you noticed it's become more difficult to find a range of good terra cotta pots?  Whenever I see them at thrift stores, junk shops, Ace hardware, I buy.
.
Ahead of having the terra cotta pots, ready to go inside, it's a joy perusing the house for which tables, desks, side tables, buffets, to set one.  Then there's the old ironstone plate to choose to set each terra cotta pot on.
.
Most fun, is having enough, to give some away.
.    
image:

Pic, above, here.
.
Garden & Be Well,   XO T
.
Not having a garden yet, it's been a year in the new house, each day the imperative grows, bringing terra cotta inside.  Upfront it seemed a simple mission.  amusing the time & paths to success.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely setting! And those window treatments!!! Campo di Fiori in Sheffield, MA has always been my go to spot for lovely terra cotta pots. Their moss pots are just beautiful. I especially enjoyed perusing their shelves of "seconds". I scout the garage sales as well-the older the better:-)

Dewena said...

We didn't bring any of our terra cotta pots with us in the move and three of them from Goodwill were odd shaped ones stamped Italy that I loved. Time to start the search again here.

I love seeing you do a post on this as I've been falling in love with houseplants all over again on Pinterest lately. I would love to sit in that room your picture shows.