Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Naomi Watts & Liev Schreiiber: Hamptons Garden

Hooked on Houses posted,

NAOMI WATTS & LIEV SCHREIBER SELLING HOUSE IN THE HAMPTONS

     What's 'wrong' in these 3 pics, below?  Hint, it's the same issue in all 3.  Changing wrong to right costs no more money, than creating the 'wrong'.

Naomi Watts and Liev Schrieber Amagansett Hamptons House

Naomi Watts and Liev Schrieber Amagansett Hamptons House

Naomi Watts and Liev Schrieber Amagansett Hamptons House

Hedges should not have naked bottoms.
.
Prune evergreen hedges slightly narrower at the top for proper sunlight distribution, creating hedges lush green from base to top.
.
Best, prune by hand.  Next best, prune with electric shears, finish with selective hand pruning to allow dappled light into hedges for dense growth within each plant.  Solely shearing hedges with electric shears creates hedges naked inside with a thin veneer of foliage.
.
Interiors of the home are turn-key pretty.
.
Pics, above, and more pics of the house, here.
.
Garden & Be Well,    XOT

4 comments:

La Petite Gallery said...

I like the kitchen, and stone fire place, but it leaves me with a
cold vacant feeling. For that kind of money I'd expect some elegance.
At least something warm and inviting.
Makes me think of the new generation, Blank.
yvonne

La Contessa said...

Not a pretty sight!
Thank you for the lesson!
Getting the BLOG ANNOUNCEMENTS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

La Petite Gallery said...

Thanks for the tip, I'll remember to use the shears on the bottom.
yvonne

Thistle Cove Farm said...

The house color is to my liking and what I'd have on my house, someday.
I don't like spindly nakedness either nor do I like stuff growing up a chimney. At all!
The property does look solid, in place, inviting although I didn't look at interior photos.