Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Creating the Perfect Front Door

Had a pair of platform cross strap sandals the same yellow, below, in high school, called them my 'school bus' shoes.
.
Of course I clicked on the picture, for the yellow, then was delighted further.
.
Length of the steps is gracious plenty, much too rare, and the real winner, placement of the urns.
.
100% outside the door zone, no crowding, making the entry appear smaller.  The urns color, height & width, perfect.  More, they could be empty and still fabulous.  Better, notice the lack of foundation planting?  Swoon.
.
Interior of this home, speaking from the curb.



Simple is hard.
.
I spend a lot of time in my car going to jobsites, my little van is too noisy to hear when talking on the phone, so, it's the stereo.  Full spectrum, Mozart, Cole Porter, Edith Piaf, Willie Nelson, Bob Seger, The Cars, U2, you get the idea.  A lyric that goes deep, each time heard, Zac Brown's, "I've got everything I need, and nothing that I don't."
.
Simple is hard, and that line should be the basis of a hymn.  A song of praise & thanks, sometimes a quest.
.
It describes this front door, above, and garden.  Perhaps it should be a last question, designing your garden, "Does it have everything it needs, and nothing it doesn't?"  My last question, for years, designing a garden, when done, "What can I take away & it still holds together?"
.
Garden & Be Well,   XO T
.
Pic via Content in a Cottage.
.
I always pack lunch for the car, today, waiting to be grabbed when I leave, by the front door on the table, peanut butter sandwich, raisins, apple, banana.  Have you read, Pillars of the Earth?  They were always packing lunch, bread/cheese/ale.  Can you imagine a crusty sourdough homemade bread, cheese from your own cow, who only eats from the pasture, and local brew ale?  Don't want the ale for lunch but the comparison always draws a smirk from me when packing my own bland road trip work lunches.

2 comments:

La Petite Gallery said...

Well Tara, you got a laugh out of me this morning.
Do like the yellow door, cheerful looking.
Happy Haunting Tee hee
yvonne

Josh Pennington said...

I really love the the color of the front door actually. Some people would consider it way to bright but I think it looks great.

Justin Hamilton