Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Framing a Kitchen View into the Landscape

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Framing a Kitchen View into the Landscape


Framing the view, below.  Literally, upside down.  Beautiful vista & sky, hidden with valence.
.
Showing off the art, a storage shed.  Perfect example of why I must go inside a home or ask for pictures from inside to outside, when doing online design.
.
Have you guessed already?  This is the kitchen in my new home, ca. 1900, 11' ceilings.  Moving, with men, next week.  
.
Named my company, A Garden View, in the mid-80's.  A take on E.M.Forster's recent film, A Room With A View.  Little knowing its propitiousness, or what was already set within my DNA as non-negotiable.  Went with Jenny, my mother-in-law, to the movie and it was my introduction to Forster.  Don't know him yet?  Go to Amazon and order his books.  Jenny long gone of breast cancer, age 57, theater gone too.  E.M.Forster remains.
.
Now, my house.



Valence gone, below.


 A pecan grove, below, is around my house, some of the trees seem ca. 1900 too.


No worries about the storage shed, will add a fence, below.

.posts with animal mesh

To the animal mesh, above, 'X' will be added, below.


Don't want to use ivy, below, but probably will.  Few worries about a mature green cover, and freeze death.  And starting over, ugh.

climbing plant privacy fence | 20 Green Fence Designs, Plants to Beautify Garden Design and Yard ...

Will add lighting, below,  on some of the posts, with dimmer switches.


Cannot imagine, not having a beautiful view from inside to outside.

Living wall in Madrid home

A view I've had the joy of creating.
.
(Off topic, I think I've found a spot on the property for a pair of tall columns, below.)

John Saladino

Cannot wait till I'm in the garden and considering how to design the interiors for incredible views as backdrop to the garden.

Sunflower Cottage

A garden view, again.
.
Beauty travels 2 directions in a garden.  
.
Anticipation, designing a garden, as enriching as the doing, then the having.
.
Garden & Be Well,   XO Tara
.
Top 3 pics mine, bottom pics Pinterest.  Hard leaving my home of 30 years.  My kitchen is walls of windows, new kitchen, 1 window, but it has an incredible walk-in pantry with window too.
.
Tom Jones, Tower of Song, streaming thru my head with this new garden.
.
He sings he's crazy for love, I'm crazy for views, a garden, orchard, gravel paths/drive, potager.....crazy for it NOW.   "I was born like this, I had no choice."


10 comments:

Vera @ Cozy Little Cabin said...

Oh, oh, oh! We just removed ugly AND leaky storage shed from view. What were they thinking? I've learned so much from you. . . so much more to learn. One day - one day - will give you a call and make arrangements for you to figure out easy, yet beautiful landscape.

We have ivy, which is growing like kudzu after all the Texas rains. I don't know what to do with/about it. Living with it for now.

Can't wait to see what you do w/the columns. I have two my cousin gave me - - - am thinking of using them in veggie beds!

Praying as you transition from your beautiful home and gardens. . . it's tough.

Content in a Cottage said...

Tara....I am so excited for you and your new circa 1800 home with a pecan grove. I can't wait until you get in so we can see more. Good luck with your move. Your head must be spinning with visions of outside projects and how they will look from the inside.
xo, Rosemary

La Contessa said...

So excited for YOU!

Mimi/Susan said...

I'm enjoying your blog! I have dipped my toes into the water regarding the plan you drew for me. I've been too busy with the interior remodel to devot much time to the exterior of the house. I look forward to tackling it!

Dewena said...

This is a wonderful time for you, and for us following along with you. The kitchen window picture is intriguing, almost mysterious. And now I understand why A Garden View was your choice. I loved A Room With A View, but adored Howard's End. And I have your book, The Garden View sitting right here on the table beside me as I'm typing this. Oh, if we'd only had it 20 years ago!

Nita Stacy said...

I know you will make this home and garden to come a dream come true. I can't wait to watch your journey.

D A Wolf said...

The Contessa (Elizabeth) sent me, and I'm so glad she did! What a gorgeous blog and so much to explore and learn here.

Yes, to that necessary view, even if only one window. (I'm looking at mine now - a blur of leafy green through the window, the perspective of my favorite books and a tiny antique chair "framing" it lovingly.)

I'm not much of a gardener, though I do so appreciate the art of landscaping and the effect that even a small, personalized exterior space can achieve.

(So much to explore here.)

Lovely to meet you! Stop by and visit me!

D. A.
Daily Plate of Crazy

Anonymous said...

Your setting sounds perfect, as does the idea of it and the inside connected.

Jemma@athomewithjemma said...

We share the joy of knowing a very special lady by the name of Dewena!
She sent me a little email, telling me I just had to meet you and here I am!
She was right, and I am so glad that I am here-love what you are doing and following along during your labor of love. We are actually in the beginning of building our New French Country home and my goal is to make it look like it has been nestled in the forest for 100 years! Stop by if you have a chance!
Jemma

Rue said...

Hi Tara :)

I'm visiting from Dewena's Window. I have a"thing" for old homes, so I'll be watching your new adventure. Congratulations!

rue