Friday, April 3, 2015

How to Tame the Chaos


No worries about down time in the potager, below.  Site tuters early, and the chaos disappears.


In a perfect world, you've had time to gather your own brush and cobble them together.
.
Teepee shape is the most my time allows.  5 canes, tied with twine at the top.
.
"Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: And yet I say unto you, that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.”
— Jesus of Nazareth, Sermon on the Mount, Matthew 6:28
 .
Of course the lily toils, if you know basic botany.  And, has a destiny.  Attracting & feeding pollinators, then, in death, to fertilizer the soil.  The metaphor is still clear, and one of my favorites.  Humbling.
.
Potager is more complete than a vegetable garden.  Potager is a mix of vegetables, herbs, flowers.  Extra beauty?  Yes, and more.  Those flowers increase vegetable garden yields by 80%.  For the same effort by you.  Lazy, I adore those odds.
.
6 hours of sun, or more each day, for your potager.  A 10" terra cota pot is plenty for a potager.  Don't read plant tags/books, just stuff the plantings in.  And bamboo teepee.
.
Garden & Be Well,    XO Tara
.
Pic, Pinterest.

4 comments:

La Contessa said...

How did the inspection GO!!
XO

LPC said...

I've been debating whether to repopulate my raised bed in the front yard, the one that that doesn't host the collection of white roses. I really should. Wish I could throw a blog party that was really a way to get people to come plant with me:).

Faux Fuchsia said...

"stuff the plantings in" ha! welcome to my world! It's 6 am here and I just checked the roses and had to remove a bunch a greedy caterpillars.

Happy easter x

Anonymous said...

I like that - "don't read labels", then stuff them in. Inspiring where that's what I have the room to do, and so I will!

And a Happy Easter to you in ATL, Tara.