Monday, July 14, 2014

Pinterest: Honey Holes vs Contrived



Filling  Outdoor Living & Exterior Design, and, Vanishing Threshold: House + Garden, on Pinterest is interesting.  Contrived pictures, most often, come from (USA) magazines.
.
About 2 months, so far, into Pinterest, for landscapes & gardenesque homes, I know where the honey holes are.
.
With so much honey why see contrived?
.
Pinterest is wildly successful, and I know why.  Whenever I must wait, Pinterest is my new best friend.  Pretty, fast, always learn something, happy, wide range of delightful topics, new ideas, classics, and at least 1 koan/week.
.
Beloved is forever busy, when we finally order dinner he has time to check emails etc.  Me?  Instead of 'waiting' for him to finish I'm zipping around Pinterest.  Guess who has the 'wait' now?  Priceless.
.
Honey holes?  Europe.  Australia
.
You?  Are you a Pinterest honey hole and don't know it yet?  Stay with me.  Are you not doing Pinterest?  With total selfishness I want you to consider Pinterest.  It is your eye, mind, experiences, wisdom, a life well lived, foods tasted, pets loved, children laughed with, museum hours logged, books read, that will choose topics for boards and then your CURATED choices.  Yes, in selfishness, that's what I want.
.
Garden & Be Well,    XO Tara
.
Pic via Pinterest.
.
For a beautiful garden & home filling you with joy, become my client, local/on-line.
.
Award winning speaker, hire me for your group, local/out-of-state.
                                                                                 .
Books by Tara Dillard, Amazon
.
Tara Dillard & Associates Design: farm to city pied-a-terre.
.
Construction by Award Winning
Shaefer Heard Construction, licensed home-builder, renovation - new construction.  Heard's Landscaping a unit of SHC.  3 decades of service.

7 comments:

LPC said...

I love Pinterest, have pinned some of your images there. But I have to ask, where does the term "Honey Holes" come from?

Tara Dillard said...

Assumed honey holes were a Winnie the Pooh thing.

They were before that.

Someplace where you find all the good stuff. And are tempted not to share.

Alas, I'm good at honey holes for antiques....etc....

Virginia Country House said...

Pinterest is the most amazing invention since...I don't know... maybe since men! xo, N.G.

LPC said...

Honey pots! I think Winnie the Pooh had a honey pot! Now I get it:).

Jean Campbell said...

Pinned from you or photos that you commented on are on my Board called 'Tara Turf.'

The most repinned from my boards are a Pin from Claus Dalby featuring a vegetable garden with a trellis and a Safari pinboard from Design Sponge repinned from The Steampunk Home before I learned to find and credit original sources.

Lori Buff said...

I love Pinterest, I usually visit it a few times a day, often while waiting also. It's a great place to hang out.

La Petite Gallery said...

Haven't used Pinterest, I'll try to do it again. had trouble with it last time. Enjoy this wonderful
Summer. yvonne