Monday, March 17, 2014

Wendell Berry: Poem Pics in a Garden

"....If a lonely soul
did ever cry out

in company its true
outcry to God,


it would be as though
at a sedate party
a man suddenly
removed his clothes


and took his wife
passionately into his arms. "  Wendell Berry


Love laid bare.
.
Penelope Bianchi's garden, love laid bare.
.
Tell me, again, the comforts/securities/spirit of mow-blow-go-commodify-all-I-touch-lawn/green meatballs/annuals-weed killer-fertilizer subdivision landscape?
.
Do you have the landscape you want?  You know, the one in your heart.  Life is short, time to let your love lay bare, in garden & home.  
.
Beware, you'll attract the life you've dreamed of.  But, better.
.
Garden & Be Well,       XO Tara
.
Pics Penelope Bianchi.
.
Terry Hershey, "...where I talked about Scandalous Love and a woman in the Gospel of Luke and how her incautious, imprudent anointing and kissing of Jesus' feet raised a few eyebrows. About a woman who finds herself--her equilibrium, her salvation, her healing and her wholeness--by falling in love. That place of vulnerability, when all of our boundaries--of control and answers and solutions and theological or religious piety--melt away, and we see who we are and what we want and who we can be and who we have pretended to be all along."
.
If you want a beautiful garden & home filling you with joy, and causes you to tap the brake pedal, as you look in the rear view mirror heading out, become my client, local or on-line.
.
Award winning speaker, hire me to speak to your group, local or out-of-state.
                                                                                 .
Garden books by Tara Dillard, Amazon

8 comments:

La Contessa said...

THAT HOME I KNOW!I have been lucky enough to have been invited there.All because of the WORLD of BLOGS!I can honestly tell you that the AMBIENCE of this home is COMPLETE.Not a wall or corner of the house has not been perfectly touched by the creative spirit and GREAT EYE of MADAME PENELOPE!Tis a JEWEL set in a location that is MOVIE STAR WORTHY.And to cap it all off she even has animals everywhere………….A true LOVING HOME!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!!

What an honor! I love this post! I am truly "teary"!!!

lisa douglas said...

fear of falling used to be number one. now we know it is fear of being our authentic self and being rejected. how can clover in a lawn be frightening? ditto, the dandelions and violets. love laid bare for the earth is liberating.

Anonymous said...

Yes!! Penny's home and garden are exquisite, the very best I have ever seen.(including the ones we studied in Europe!)It is the product of a loving, generous and creative heart. She is fearless!

Long may she reign and inspire!
No mow & blow gas exhaust etc...
xoxo

Chris said...

Hi Tara, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris

texassky said...

New thoughts and ideas for me...and my subdivision life. Your blogpost is inspiring!

~texassky
Angela

nancy vittoria bello said...

Oh! The 1st picture made me take in my breath - then I smiled, more broadly, as each one came into view.

PERFECTION.

I'm so glad you're posting regularly again! I missed you on your recent little "break".

MY holy trinity is comprised of Penelope Bianchi, Terry Hershey...and YOU!

Wishing you a wondrous Spring,
nancy v-b

Anonymous said...

HOW ON EARTH DID I GET SO LUCKY?