Thursday, March 27, 2014

Enfilades: You MUST have them inside/outside

Interiors must have enfilades, below.


Gardens must have enfilades, below.


More, each garden view from your interior must have an enfilade.
.
Perhaps this is why my nose flares, eyes narrow, right eyebrow rises, and a deep breath follows when I'm first asked, "What plant goes here?"
.
Major reason most gardens aren't where they need to be?  Too concerned with plants and zero thought to enfilades.
.
Garden & Be Well,   XO Tara
.
Top pic at jobsite last weekend, bottom pic I Love Your Style.
.
If you want a beautiful garden & home filling you with joy, and causes you to tap the brake pedal, as you look in the rear view mirror heading out, become my client, local or on-line.
.
Award winning speaker, hire me to speak to your group, local or out-of-state.
                                                                                 .
Garden books by Tara Dillard, Amazon

2 comments:

La Contessa said...

I need to go LOOK that word up again in YOUR BOOKS!I agree………..if those pillars and that dog is an ENFILADE then WE ALL NEED THESE!
XOXO

Divine Theatre said...

I am learning, thanks solely to you!

I have moved several garden beds since discovering you, Tara...I am truly grateful for the knowledge you share!

xo

Andie