Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Color Echoes: Pamela Harper

On the way to Noel Coward's our driver needed to stop here, below.
.
Color alone told me whatever is ahead is good.
.
Gates were unlocked, below, and we were ushered into a courtyard throwing me decades back to a stay at the Dauphine Orleans in New Orleans French Quarter.  But.  This was better.
.
Ken Doll asked, You liking this Baby?  
.
He got a smile, I was speechless.  He grasped my arm, my eyes were everywhere & there were steps.  Then our driver, worried I would fall, was helping too.
.
This aging lady stuff is nice, indeed.


Color Echoes well done always capture my attention.  
.
Pamela Harper pioneered the concept & I heard her lecture at Atlanta Botanical Garden when her book was published.
.
Sand & Caribbean were the starting point.

.
Towels echo the walls echoing the sand.  

The pool, below, looks exactly like the work of my friend, landscape architect, David Cristiani.


Leaving this Faberge Egg of perfection felt like reignments being pulled off, by force.
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara
.
Pics taken last week, Jamaica.
.
I doubt the Queen of Color, Maria Killam, has had 2 handsome men help her during a Color Swoon.
.
What were my reignments for this day's outing?  Bikini, long-sleeved white linen shirt, flip-flops.  Perfect trinity.  Done.
.

5 comments:

La Contessa said...

HEAVEN………….Hope you are rested and have a TON of photos to share!
PS.My Fathers name was KEN!

Lori Buff said...

These pictures are even more attractive being seen from my snowy studio in Atlanta. I want to be there breathing the scent of flowers and sea air.

Lori Buff said...

These pictures are even more attractive being seen from my snowy studio in Atlanta. I want to be there breathing the scent of flowers and sea air.

Divine Theatre said...

A well-deserved vacation!

xo

Andie

Anonymous said...

The first photo did it for me, I would want to just sit out there and catch some rays! The blue curb with the color echo sky, then the flowering and foliage with walls, does it all.
(and thanks for the mention:-)