Friday, September 27, 2013

Anne Morrow Lindbergh

"The search for outward simplicity, for inner integrity, for fuller relationship -- is this not a limited outlook?  .....The world is rumbling and erupting in ever-widening circles around us.  The tensions, conflicts and sufferings even in the outermost circle touch us all...."


....I believe the heart is infinite -- modern communication loads us with more problems than the human frame can carry.


Our grandmothers, and even -- with some scrambling -- our mothers, lived in a circle small enough to let them implement in action most of the impulses of their hearts and minds."  Gift From the Sea, by Anne Morrow Lindbergh, copyright 1955.
.
Yes, the circles of living are too big.  Without my garden I could not navigate.
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara
.
Pics at jobsite yesterday.  Her words could have been written this morning.

3 comments:

Barbara Pilcher said...

Isn't it interesting how contemporary her thoughts read?

Thank you for shining a light on a solution to a big problem -- the problem of today's technology limiting our feeling of accomplishment, power, wonder, and joy. Gardening.

Connie in Hartwood said...

Thank you for this! I will stow this thought away, to be used as needed. (Beautiful images, BTW)

Kathy Powell said...

I love re-reading Gifts from the Sea. Her words resound each time and so thank you for reminding me that all I need is all I have.

Your post photos of the chair in the doorway are restful and a great respite before I start my day

Thank you Tara!