Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Potting Table: A Template

 Outside my Conservatory is a space asking, just last week, for a potting table.  This, below, is the template.  


No different than putting interior rooms together.
.
Perhaps once/twice/year will need to use it for potting.
.
Will style it with ivy topiaries for the house.  A pair of lamps.
.
Zinc top with Benjamin Moore Alexandria beige legs.
.
Now, on mission at the thrift stores.
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara
.
pic via Habitually Chic.  Of course there is a slight slope to the space, need to cut/fill the area.

7 comments:

Things That Inspire said...

I use my downstairs laundry room as my potting room/flower arranging room. I never would have thought I would use the room this way when we designed the house - it is primarily the hard working space for pool towels, dog related laundry (the dog crate is neatly tucked under a staircase in this space), overflow laundry. It has a caesarstone counter, and a big farmhouse sink, and it would be an ideal space if we could have incorporated a window, which was not possible. Still, a wonderful room.

Hartwood Roses said...

Oohhhh, I like it! Don't forget your local Habitat stores. I have a great stock of table legs, gathered cheap on habitat hunting trips.

Squeak said...

What a perfect template!

Deidre said...

what wonderful inspiration!

Maureen Richmond said...

I use our mudroom for arranging flowers and potting plants too. I think I'll steal your template for my new shed.

Pink Overalls @DIY Home Staging said...

I'm swooning over that table.

My outdoor potting table was rescued from the basement of an old house we bought and rehabbed. I love the way its grey-green paint is evenly crazed. The entire table deteriorates over the years, and we've replaced the top twice in 15 years, but I refuse to seal the paint on the apron and legs, preferring to let it live its life out naturally.

Nita {ModVintageLife} said...

Oh...love this table! I still need to paint my hutch and get it out for potting. By this time...it may just be a server on the deck...which is fine.