Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Orange

When my father built a new house he let me, age 7, choose my carpet color.  Burnt Orange.  I had white walls & white furniture & white lamps.
.
Loved growing up in that room with the light of Galveston Bay pulsating off the walls.
.
A huge red bottle brush filled the window with hummingbirds.


Have never used Orange again.  Happy reigns when I catch glimpses of it.
.
Garden & Be Well,     XO Tara
.
Pic via Colorado Homes & Lifestyles.  A client, from Holland, already had orange accents in her garden when she hired me, hers is a Faded Burnt Orange.   Her garden is on tour this month, will try to get there for pics.  Since, obviously, pics of Orange are absent my arsenal!

8 comments:

Barbara Pilcher said...

I want that room, especially the ceiling part.

Another orange fan here. I'm looking out my window now at my coppery autumn ferns, beyond the perennial bed I'm trying to limit to blues and oranges.

Looking forward to the photos you'll post.

Cerberus German shepherds said...

Beautiful. It is a color scheme I would never thought of and you have to know what you are doing to make them harmonious....excellent room.

hidden art of homemaking said...

love, love orange...a new favorite color... :-)
Mona

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Rarely do I *want* rooms I see; but this one...I WANT. Tara, it's fabulous! I used to have a kitchen painted pumpkin, now my kitchen is painted Bee Balm Red...lovely.

Victoria said...

seriously charming Tara!

Maria at inredningsvis said...

What a lovely post:) your blog is such an inspiration.

If you like to have a spring picnic...check out my blog:)

Have a great day dear

LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se
(sweden)

Anonymous said...

I have found that burnt orange (along with burgundy and lime green) is one of those colors in the garden that makes all the other plant colors look better. And bright, clear orange is just a shot of joy.

Jeanne Henriques said...

Love orange..you must come and read my latest post, through the eyes of a 7 year old. Lots of kindred spirits in that one. I would love to learn about your imaginary world.

Enjoying all your posts Tara!

:)