Thursday, May 9, 2013

Central Hall: Front & Back Foyers

Built in 1900, they're the 3rd owners of this home.
Beautiful & tough hardware, below, on the door is original.


Aside from the scope of the land, an acre, a few large camellias & trees the grounds/garden do not exist.  A  30 acre Pecan Orchard in a state of Chekhov-meadow-reverie flows from the back garden .  Did I mention the entire length of the driveway abuts the Funeral Home parking lot?
Central hall, below.

She adores, and showed me a pic of  P. Allen Smith's front garden at his cottage.  Indeed, perfect, but I'll add heavy doses of Loutrell Briggs at Mrs. Whaley's Charleston, SC garden too.


We walked the grounds, had lunch on the front porch, walked the grounds again.  Her husband was able to come for the 2nd round of walking the grounds, and lunch too.  He loved my idea of Bahama shutters at the pavilion, and asked if they could be 3/4 vs. full length.  Fabulous.  Yes.  Love teamwork, makes me better.  A lawyer, he likes doing carpentry.  As I left he was already heading to Craigslist to begin the shutter search.
.
Back door foyer, above.
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara
.
Pics taken yesterday on the job.  I helped with their Macon, GA garden a couple of years ago, it's in Southern Living this year.  Who knew a move to Jackson, GA was in their future?  You will be seeing more of this home.  She did every ounce of the interior decorating from colors to furniture to art to rugs to knocking out walls.....

4 comments:

hidden art of homemaking said...

oh my.. I LOVE these orange walls..makes me want to go to the paint store. :-)
Mona

Brenda Pruitt said...

Can't wait to see how you transform this place!
Brenda

Jeanne Henriques said...

Tara..this sounds like a great project, I love the warmth and intimacy of the entrance. I imagine you will have lots of fun working with them again.

I also want to thank you for suggesting Plant Dreaming Deep by May Sarton. It just moved to the top of my 'must have' book list. Perfect!

Thank you for the suggestion... xx

Divine Theatre said...

I was about to sell my Oriental runners on Craigslist. I'm glad I saw this...they stay!

xo

Andie