Friday, January 18, 2013

Front Door Narrative

Contrasts are a potent tool in the garden.


This mirror & curving lines of the light fixture balance the squares of the front door.  Exactly what I would have chosen.  And the scale of the frontdoor handle is pure sweetness.
.
This frontdoor starts the narrative of the interior.
.
Every front door has a narrative.  Whether the owner thinks so or not.
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara
.
Pic via Cote de Texas.  If the door were palladian then a square/rectangular mirror would be best.  Do not forget to use 'contrast' in your quiver of tools.
.
If you want a garden that is a moat of grace around your home & life, contact me.
.
Details about online design services.
.
Learn action steps to creating your best garden & home when you hire me to speak to your group.
.
Details about lecture titles here.
.
I've written several garden books available on Amazon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Quiver of tools" . . . what a perfectly descriptive phrase. I so enjoy your pithy posts.

Anonymous said...

FAb!! Divine!!

Aashish Mishra said...

Every time I see a new post from you my heart skips a beat!

Door Knockers India