Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Front Door: Create Your World

Your front door must create its own world.  What does this mean?  Block views that are not part of your world.  Do you see the neighbor's garage & parking court, below?  It is there.


Kitchen view, below.


2 decades of a holly hedge were shaded into sparseness & removed.  Anise, shade loving shrub, will be planted this week.
.
At the end of the day,  it is understood, we must all create our own world.
.
Garden & Be Well,      XO Tara
.
Pics taken at jobsite last week.  This client fascinates, she does not like blooming shrubs in her garden.  Layers & swaths of evergreens in mixed textures.  Quite smart, low maintenance, gorgeous all year.  She does have a sweet perennial garden.  We are adding evergreen ground cover at her front door zone, large boxwoods with square stone edging for each, a low brick wall with stone cap behind her perennial garden.  And she's choosing a historic garden gate for my carpenter, Magic Man, to make a pair.
.
If you want a garden that is a moat of grace around your home & life, contact me.
.
Details about online design services.
.
Learn action steps to creating your best garden & home when you hire me to speak to your group.
.
Details about lecture titles here.
.
I've written several garden books available on Amazon.

2 comments:

cindy hattersley design said...

Powerful post...I have one of those views that my olive hedge does not yet cover!

Divine Theatre said...

How I love Holly! She does not love me, however.

xo
Andie