Monday, October 8, 2012

Simplicity Isn't For Sale


Lawn to the house.
 A simplicity best for many gardens.
Same view, above, opposite axis.
.
Why this Landscape Design simplicity isn't seen more, especially in USA?
.
 Many times thru the decades I've been hired as the 2nd or 3rd Landscape Designer.    Why?  The previous 'landscape design' work was pure SALES.
.
Simplicity isn't for sale.
.
Garden & Be Well,    XO Tara
.
Pics via Greige Design.  Client last week told me, when I was done, she knew something was wrong with the previous plan she paid for.  When she saw my plan she was able to finally verbalize what was 'wrong'.  Plants were stuffed everywhere.  Every profession has their underbelly of disgust.

2 comments:

Desert Dweller said...

Underbelly of disgust to be sure! The sloppy, over-designed spaces I see from many LA's are that. I'm trying to wrap up between "things", but for one of the "things" - 2 presentations for next Friday...this post so needed, no time to overdo it then undo!

Maryanne White said...

Having designed landscapes for the past 30 years, I thank you for stepping forward. Hopefully clients will come away with the knowledge that "kiss" & less is more, really do hold a place in good design.