Saturday, September 1, 2012

Shaping Groundcovers & Paths

Why did I EVER pay attention to gardens with mulch?  Mulch is brown, mulch is dead, mulch is expensive, mulch is labor intensive. 
Evergreen spreading groundcovers take care of ME.  I don't take care of them.
 (This is the mature attitude to take.)
 
.
New groundcover planting, below.
 
Shaping gravel paths with  spraypaint, below.
 
 I could never put in groundcovers or gravel paths/terraces without shaping them 1st. 


A guest expert decided to help shape the new gravel paths, below.


Mr. Timber Rattler lost his head soon after this pic.
.
Garden & Be Well,           XO Tara
.
Pics taken last month in a client garden.  Once shaped I walk out of the garden to view then walk/meander in the garden from all angles.  Many times I need to go upstairs and look down at shaped beds.
.
  I take my time to shape beds for groundcovers or gravel.  Bedlines are HUGE to what your eye sees in a garden.

2 comments:

Desert Dweller said...

Bed lines (or lines of one plant mass to another mass) are so crucial.

Unknown said...

Jeez...to think I was almost ready to brave weeding my dry creek- now I've got snakes on the brain again! I do love all the edging ideas, lots of great stuff here.
Hope you're having fun playing with the watercolors!