Thursday, June 28, 2012

Columns

Their home is Craftsman bungalow, almost a century old.  Along the fence & at the arbor are these columns.
.
A post card of history alive and well today.
.
Except I was totally had.  Every column was made by the current owners.
.
Cinder block with stained stucco capped with a concrete square.  Concrete & rebar filling the bottom layers.
.
Faux is rarely this good.
.
Garden & Be Well,   XO Tara
.
This garden belongs to friends, their home is at the gate of Stone Mountain Park.

5 comments:

Content in a Cottage said...

Wow, Tara. I am impressed. Those columns would have fooled me too.

Anonymous said...

A combination of determination and good taste can work wonders.

Anonymous said...

A combination of determination and good taste can work wonders.

Terry said...

Please send any extra columns my way. I can pick them up if necessary.

Anonymous said...

The exact same thing happened at Renees! The wisteria pergola! My painter grew up in the house next door! He recognized the "pergola"

She never saw it......it was gone.....she just recreated it....from her imagination...

This is what makes Renee "magic"!