Saturday, April 14, 2012

How To Create 'Ancient' From New

The Ancient Orchard is new, its bricks are over a century old.

 4 sided, doors let you into each side.  Each door is custom, and
each door is different. 
.
Doors decay, are damaged & replaced through the centuries.
.
That is the narrative for this new Ancient Orchard.
.
Garden & Be Well,  XO Tara
.
Gates will be stained soon, this garden has a base trinity of colors.  Green, brown, white.  None in shades popular today. Each door a conversation of pics/ideas with owner, Magic Man, & me.  One of the walls has 2 gates, they will be iron.  And fabulous. 
.
At this garden last week she told me a friend of hers was touching the wall, couldn't keep her hands off.  Of course my hands were on the wall while she told me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just fabulous! great gates and beautiful patina on bricks. Are there fingerprints in the brick?

Nella Miller said...

Magical....gates are always so mysterious !! N.

My Life of Domestic Bliss said...

Tara,

I am pea-green.....

Lisa

vicki archer said...

They will be beautiful when stained up... a walled garden... how wonderful... xv