Saturday, April 14, 2012

How To Create 'Ancient' From New

The Ancient Orchard is new, its bricks are over a century old.

 4 sided, doors let you into each side.  Each door is custom, and
each door is different. 
Doors decay, are damaged & replaced through the centuries.
That is the narrative for this new Ancient Orchard.
Garden & Be Well,  XO Tara
Gates will be stained soon, this garden has a base trinity of colors.  Green, brown, white.  None in shades popular today. Each door a conversation of pics/ideas with owner, Magic Man, & me.  One of the walls has 2 gates, they will be iron.  And fabulous. 
At this garden last week she told me a friend of hers was touching the wall, couldn't keep her hands off.  Of course my hands were on the wall while she told me.

4 comments: said...

Just fabulous! great gates and beautiful patina on bricks. Are there fingerprints in the brick?

Nella said...

Magical....gates are always so mysterious !! N.

My Life of Domestic Bliss said...


I am pea-green.....


vicki archer said...

They will be beautiful when stained up... a walled garden... how wonderful... xv