Friday, March 9, 2012

Where Landscape Design Begins

Landscape Design begins inside your home.  My 'office' yesterday, below.

When I saw the broad curve of the marble, below, I knew exactly how to shape the stone decking of the new pool.

 She asked for a potager, it reminds her of her father.  The diamonds, below, are repeated sparingly throughout the house.  Diamond shapes will form the new potager, of course.
 A sumptuous limestone mantle being installed, below, yesterday. 
There are 3 pair of stone columns designed in the back garden.  I will cap them with the same limestone/style of the mantle. 
Garden & Be Well,  XO Tara
Creating a landscape like this none of the details can be wrong, or even 'off' a bit.  My work must flow with the owners ideas, their architect & interior decorator.  Is your Landscape Design worth any less consideration?  Even if you don't have an architect, decorator, gardener?
Have been to this site several times thru construction and my little chair/table have been in a dozen spots.  


Maura @ Lilac Lane Cottage said...

Good morning Tara,
What a beautiful home...I can't wait to see what you do with the landscaping and the potager garden. I love that you move all around trying to see the area from different perspectives. I like to do that so I guess I'm doing the right thing in my own small way ;)Wish my gardens looked like yours when I'm done though! Looking forward to more on this one. I hope your day is a good one.
Maura :)

Desert Dweller said...

Perfect...such tie-in with other good ideas creates better results. One of the only things I missed working at a large firm with architects, interior designers, etc.

Bruce Barone said...

As I have said before, all I have learned about gardening I have learned from you.