Friday, March 23, 2012

Inside One Woman's Garage

Inside my garage, below, at the back door.  There is something new.
My bike.  2 decades on the wall, I took it off this week.


 I rode down the street to my friend Mary's, above. 

A perfect spring day. 
.
Told a girlfriend about my biking.  She said she was a biker when younger and biking gave a sense of freedom & innocence.
.
Putting words to my exact feelings.
.
Pics of bikes in gardens instigated my bike coming off the wall.  Providence knew I needed its simple pleasure.
.
Garden & Be Well,      XO Tara 
.
Doesn't every normal person have an antique china cabinet outside their backdoor?  It gets worse, chandeliers, mantels, garden chairs, antique garden tools, and more.  Hard to imagine I pass up a lot of good finds because of space.  In the deepest recesses of my mind it's known I must start having Garden Garage sales.

7 comments:

Lori Buff said...

Since gas is almost $4 per gallon it would be a good idea for more of us to dust off out bikes.

Anonymous said...

Great idea, I'll be first in line at your Garden yard Sale!
Been missing my bike....

Bruce Barone said...

freedom and innocence

seeing

Connie in Hartwood said...

Nothing at all strange about having a corner cupboard by your back door ... I have one in my garage ... along with many of the other sundry items you mentioned. Glad you survived your bike ride.

Lyn C said...

Hi Tara I get immense pleasure from you blog, thank you. If only you could come to Sydney I would love your skilled, insightful eye to pass over our garden. I know what you mean about cycling- our recent Laos holiday included cycling and it was simple Joy and Freedom. Lyn x

Anonymous said...

Seeing the beautiful azaleas in your photo, Tara. I have missed them all the way around. Not yet peaking when we left B'ham for spring break, and completely gone now here in South Walton Co., Florida.

French Basketeer.com said...

Love the bike & basket, and love living in places that are bike-friendly....