Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Intimacy In Large Spaces

Moments of intimacy are designed into this home on acreage.
 Human scale, framing vistas, entries & etc. using materials with patina.
Plantings: tough, beautiful, fragrant.  Feeding the soul, and served at table.  Soon, an iron gate will ask you to enter here, above.
.
I want her to look at her acreage and love all she sees.  No matter the season.  Never look at her beloved land and think, "I must do this, that must be done, that's a mess."
.
Garden & Be Well,  XO Tara
.
Pic taken recently.  And small landscapes get the big vista treatment along with intimacy.  Must remember this for posting, a little landscape and one with acreage.  Amazing how they both 'live'.

3 comments:

Barbara Wells Sarudy said...

Love this posting. The thing about a landscape is that you always kind of want to look at it and say, "I must do this, that must be done, that's a mess." Even when you can no longer do it yourself.

A.J.Barnes said...

I have a brick courtyard around the rear of my house which sits in the middle of 16 acres. The courtyard is a blank slat (empty) and I'm trying to figure out what to do...I'll be interested in how you treat this area...maybe I just need you to give me advice!

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous site to start with!