Thursday, December 22, 2011

Cats & Camellias

Low 30's, in only my gown, I went into the garden last week to shoot the current crop of Sasanqua's, (I have 5 cultivars.)
 Had bit of a surprise, above, garden cat Torte De Shelle had the correct expression at my attire.
But when the Sasanqua are this fabulous, come as you are.
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara
.
With smugness, let me add, Torte De Shelle is atop the fence and framed with the Camellia japonica.  They won't start blooming till Christmas day.

5 comments:

Desert Dweller said...

Great scenes...cats and camellias. Especially their cheery colors and foliage bones, when not in bloom! Nice [eco]regional distinctives.

Enjoy the low 30's...what we have is bound to move east, eventually!

Lori Buff said...

I noticed the first bud on one of our camellias today, it's very happy.

Janelle McCulloch said...

Hi Tara, Glad to see there's another person who gardens in her gown! I'll often go outside and water the beds wearing my dressing gown and gumboots (wellingtons). Luckily they're the same colour - as if that makes it better! I've been reading through all your posts and have enjoyed them all. I'm a fan of the vanishing threshold too. Your posts are so original - and full of great garden ideas. Wishing you a merry Christmas and a wonderful camellia-filled new year.
All the very best from Australia,
Janelle McCulloch | Library of Design

Lydia said...

Oh, camellias. My neighbor's tree is shading my roses- bet some new camelias won't mind the roses coming move):-

Maura @ Kisiwa Creek Photography said...

You lucky woman Tara...must be nice to have things blooming and wonderful scents in your garden this time of year! I hope you take many more photo's for us :)