Friday, October 14, 2011

Decorating With Dogs

Just inside the front door are several good views, below.  Their art from other continents & centuries.
 At your feet, just outside the front door, below.
 With a note on top of the cooler, below, due to their beloved dog.  He's ALL dog.
Wife & husband are on the prowl, and asked me to join, for antique chest or SOMETHING aesthetic for boxed deliveries.
.
Can't wait to see what we find!
.
Garden & Be Well,    XO   Tara
.
During this project, garden-painting-remodeling-deck-custom cupola-stone wall/path/patio, their dog took every lunch & bottled water set down by anyone.  Before partaking he pranced amongst his audience delighting in his loot.

9 comments:

Nita Stacy said...

My dogs open my mail. It is a big problem. I've been thinking about a box outside instead of the mail slot.

Connie in Hartwood said...

Love this!! Dogs, and cats, are a fact of life for many of us, and we have to plan for them ... whether it's a chest for deliveries, or a location for the crib-mattress-size dog bed or raised double-dish feeder. They're family.

Bruce Barone said...

That would be a GREAT title for a book!

Anonymous said...

Life would not be worth living without dogs!

I will send you a few pics (not a deluge!) of dogs.

I would die without my dogs....and my divine husband......what a story I have about him! My next blog post!

Georgie!

Anonymous said...

I agree with bruce! a book about this is a wonderful idea!!

You write it! Or Bruce or I will !!

Such a great idea!!

Penelope

La Petite Gallery said...

The Dog is KING! I miss my ole Thor so much. Just making a turn about over the grief of him. Yesterday my Cousin, passed away. Can't get a seat on a plane out of Rockland. May have to drive to Boston and afraid I won't make the funeral in time. I am in LaLa land today very confused and can't seem to focus. I may get another dog
Come Spring.. yvonne

Unknown said...

Dog is God......smiles.

JCharlier said...

The ice chest reminds me of the great old insulated metal milk boxes I used to see as a kid outside family member's doors. Back when the milkman delivered -- and someone wasn't home -- they'd just leave the milk & stuff in the metal cooler. Can you imagine? Milkmen used to deliver? Seems positively Mayberry-ish.

Maura @ Kisiwa Creek Photography said...

LOL how funny...that dog knows how to enjoy life to the full! I'm betting that you'll find the homeowners something perfect for that space. Fido won't be happy but you can't please everyone ;)
Maura