Saturday, September 24, 2011

Awesome Beauty & Deer Proof

 Andrea Filippone, designs gardens & sells antiques.  Her garden, below, proof of prodigious talent.
More, her garden has a herd of 40-50 deer daily.  Boxwood are her solution, along with "allium, nepeta, Solomon's seal, jack-in-the-pulpit & hellebore."
.
The New York Times had a lovely, rich article about her last May.  They have a slide show of pics with it too.
.
You won't be disappointed.  This article & pics have stuck in my mind/heart since it was published.
.
Garden & Be Well,           XO Tara
.
Pic from New York Times, by Randy Harris

5 comments:

Desert Dweller said...

As usual, that is one nice example that shows tough simplicity w/ classic lines.

Connie in Hartwood said...

I'm always up for a bit of garden slideshow escapism ... and I'm now off to see what the link has to offer.

Brenda Pruitt said...

Wow, how beautiful it is!
Brenda

Lydia said...

What an exquisitely layered composition- beginning with the stately mullions.

Jenny M said...

So love the photo with this post...whilst sitting at my desk eating my lunch, I imagined I was sitting in that room looking at that wonderful view! from Jenny (Australia)