Monday, July 18, 2011

Landscape Design: Macro & Micro

A bit of distance from my garden, macro, below.

 Closer, below, you see colors & textures
 Up-close, below,
you see micro details.
.
Do you see my neighbor's house?  It's there.
.
I designed this garden space, at my driveway, to greet me as I come/go in my car.  It had been lawn.
.
There is not a day in the year this garden is without bloom.
.
Maximum pollinator habitat too.  Why/how?  High density, low density, tall plant height, medium plant height, low plant height, contrasting form, year round blooms & groundcovers.
.
Pure Bravura. Why?  Drought tolerant, little maintenance.  Full sun area, deciduous trees shade my house in summer & let the winter sun in.  Cha-Ching, savings.
.
Garden & Be Well,         XO Tara
.
Pics taken near my front door, same day as previous post.

No comments: