Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Fun Flowers For A Busy Life

She sent me an iphone pic of bright metal flowers, "Can I have them?"  

 Tennis, sailing, dogs, family & career, she doesn't have time to water flowers.
 Hardly visible from a few steps away, on purpose, the surprise of dragonfly & bird.  Staked hi for movement in the wind.
 I first saw metal flowers in an urn on top of a home in Italy.  They were bronze and centuries old.
Maybe these will go rust, and left alone.  Doesn't matter, today they are fun.
Garden & Be Well,       XO Tara
Pics taken last week at a client's home.  No accident she found the flowers, they are her.  Are things in your garden 'you'?


Terry said...

They are fun.

Maura @ Lilac Lane Cottage said...

Well aren't these fun! I wouldn't have to wait long before they turned rusty colored because our water would turn them that color in a few waterings. My poor plants are all turning red from our rusty water and I fear I'm going to loose two of my favorite hosta's because of it. Maybe metal flowers would be better for me :( Hope you have a wonderful week Tara! Maura :)

Artist and Garden Designer... said...

These are FABULOUS!!! I would use them everywhere!! in fact thanks so much for the inspiration!!!
My heart is beating faster!! SWOON!!!!


Lori Buff said...

and drought tolerant.

designchic said...

How fun is this...maybe with the way mine look right now I should be using these!!