Saturday, June 25, 2011

Tough Terra Cotta

Finely particulated terra cotta lasts longer.  Water doesn't seep in & expand during a freeze.  At least in my zone.  Zone 6b, then 7, now 8; all without moving.  It does freeze here, ice & snow.  (Notice the meadow in my flagstone terrace, below.  It's obvious why I fell in love with Bunny Mellon's garden!)

 

I really wanted the pot, above.  4 to be exact, for boxwood.  They were sold only in 'sets'.
Ironically, it's been fun playing with a few of the smaller pots.
Foxglove, above, frosted with Chinese snowball petals.
.
Foxgloves are done.  Next, small heirloom tomatoes.
.
This is enjoyable beyond expectation, these little pots, thinking about what to put in them, or leave them empty, or move them....
.
Garden & Be Well,     XO Tara
.
I do pay attention to my wants/expectations vs. what truly occurs.  Adore these little surprises.  This terra cotta is from Asia.  Chose terra cotta for my pot 'theme'.

3 comments:

Vava (aka Virginia) said...

Your verbiage is as good as your foliage. "The meadow" between flagstones. By jove, THAT'S what I am saying about ours! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh!! How do I get a meadow in my flagstones!! I adore that!!

Southern California and mostly in the shade!

Help!!!!!

Penny

Maura @ Kisiwa Creek Photography said...

LOVE terra cotta. I don't have any large pots or fancy smaller ones...just the plain old pots but one day I'd like to have a couple of nice large ones off the future screened porch. I'm making my list and checking it twice ;)
Maura