Thursday, March 10, 2011

Finally, Fabulous Fake Stone

Cobblestones, below. Manufactured by Belgard.Flagstone, below. Manufactured by Belgard.
Finally.
Fake stone that isn't crap.
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara
.
Poppets this isn't only aesthetics. Think cost savings with uniformity of materials. I've NEVER used Belgard. This year? They changed my mind !! No, Belgard did not pay me, or ask me, to mention their products.
.
Alas, Belgard still uses old fashioned photography in their sales literature. Don't let it scare you.
.
Horrendously, Belgard still uses the equivalent of avocado refrigerator/shag carpet/pink Sunbeam mixer for exterior furniture styling with their sales literature. Don't let it scare you.

8 comments:

Desert Dweller said...

Thanks for sharing that; I'll have to specify some of their products, an I have been impressed seing their website and catalog.

Old fashioned photography, without touch-up or clever graphics - good.

Dated accessorizing, not relying on manipulation and unrelated sizzle - good

Desert Dweller said...

Thanks for sharing that, Tara / P. Barbuda! I'll have to specify some of their products, and I've been impressed w/ Belgard's products on their website and catalog.

Old fashioned photography, without touch-up or clever graphics - good

Dated accessorizing, not relying on manipulation and unrelated sizzle - good

Unknown said...

Thank you, Tara for posting about this! We've been looking to do our patio/outdoor kitchen this Summer, and that flagstone might be just the thing!

Bruce Barone said...

I like avocado fridges & stoves.

Renée Finberg said...

i agree.
there is nothing worse than crappy fakes.
of any kind. right?

these do look good though.
any good sources for great fake interior
chicago bricks?

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Great 'make it' stone and pavers. Looks like stone and pavers. Hope you are going to post some long shots of the project. Such a lot of hard work!
- Joy

Unknown said...

Tara, It looks real to me....smiles.

Divine Theatre said...

I would like to see it next to the real thing...just curious.