Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Conservatory: A New Way To Cook

Greek salad with shrimp, vegetable soup with Gruyere cheese, last week's luncheon in the Conservatory.Sitting down to lunch,
desert waiting on the sideboard,
is when I put the
kettle on top of the stove. Boiling water for the French press coffee pot.
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara
.
NEVER, ever saw myself cooking on a wood stove. Can't wait to make a real meal on it. College Boy cooked this menu upon my request; inside the house. A request including when I wanted it ready and when he needed to "disappear". He performed each task beautifully. More about the cookies & biscotti, above, soon. You have no idea how special they are.

5 comments:

Desert Dweller said...

Nice - "college boy" sounds quite well-trained and quite the cook. Hope he doesn't mind that term!

Divine Theatre said...

May I borrow "College Boy" for a day or two?

Maura @ Kisiwa Creek Photography said...

Good morning Tara!
Oh my this looks so good and what a wonderful place to enjoy it! Your wood stove looks a bit like the Fisher Stove I had up in Canada...that thing could heat up our house in no time AND cook some good meals too. Have fun with yours and enjoy the wonderful weather in your conservatory.
Maura :)

Unknown said...

sounds lovely....I'll be right over....smiles.

Bruce Barone said...

I have never cooked on a wood stove. Now you got me thinking what I would cook on a wood stove if I had a wood stove.

~http://bruceskitchen.blogspot.com/