Sunday, January 16, 2011

MOASTING: Moaning & Boasting

Lecturing at the international America's Mart, the world's largest collection of product show, last Friday my contractor saw this first, below.
My name & lecture on the elevator doors. Yes, BOASTING.
Already experienced with TV, radio, & etc. a thrill (out of all proportion) seeing my elevator door debut !!
However, you see IMMEDIATELY their mistake, below.
Who are those guys? Where's my picture? MOANING.
.
MOASTING: MOANING & BOASTING. A delicious word I discovered last Thursday. Duck to water. Been doing it for years.
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara
.
Had a little time to wander the vendors. Gathered new resources for statuary, online fountains , torches, brass rain gauges, & met a fascinating French woman with a European Design & Trading Company, a man who does landscape design/owns a nursery in Montana (think he had a business card on him?) .......

8 comments:

Maura @ Kisiwa Creek Photography said...

WHAT!? Aww Tara that's such a shame...it's great to see your name up there but it's too bad who ever put that poster together messed up with the pictures. Wish we lived closer as I would have loved to come and listen to you. I hope you had a good time and met lots of prospective clients ;) Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Maura :)

Bruce Barone said...

What is your elevator speech?

Jojo said...

Congrats!!! Sorry about the picture opp :-(

Paul Gervais de Bédée said...

Well I'm truly elevated by this, enough to have had my claustrophobia alleviated.

Desert Dweller said...

They didn't have *Puppet Barbuda's* photo, just your pic?

Bad proofing (or no proofing)...landscape "artist"? Fine if that's what you told them, but your website says landscape design (services), so a practitioner of that field would be a landscape "designer", or a "horticulturist".

I've gotten the same thing a few times. I bet your talk was good, wish I could have been there.

Miguel Illescas said...

It's a shame that as good a time was spoiled by one small detail. Well, mistakes everywhere.

Unknown said...

Three photos for 4 presenters? That's terrible! And I bet yours was the best talk of all.....
At least they spelled your name correctly:)

Unknown said...

Always delighful to talk to you, our conversations are exactly like your blog is written:) mkw