Thursday, December 2, 2010

A Filmmaker's Garden


Italian director & screenwriter Mario Monicelli, 1915-2010, made comedic films. He created a genre, 'Italian-style comedy'. The endings had little comedy. Asked, in 1999, is "any subject off-limits for comedy?"
.
"No, if the eye is sensitive enough, all is possible." he replied.
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara
.
Taken from NYTimes obit yesterday. SHIPMAN sent me the pic when he was in Italy this summer. Monicelli is now in my Netflix que. It's bittersweet adoring bleak beauty, a film genre my mother-in-law opened my eyes to. This is a type of art that feeds my creative muse. Do you actively feed your creative muse?

3 comments:

Bruce Barone said...

I read this Obit and thought it was fascinating.

I feed my muse by reading, walking, looking at art, meditating. Being open to seeing. By creating.

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

I so love your posts.
All of them.

Lydia said...

What great quotes you mention, my dear):-