Monday, December 6, 2010

Artist Harrison Howard

Harrison Howard.

STATEMENT

"The Flower Ladies", as I call them, are a series of whimsical watercolor and gouache paintings, which have grown from a long standing interest in fashion illustration, children's book illustration, and of course flowers. I do not regard them as paintings of fairies, fairy art or fantasy art, but would prefer to think of them as fantasies based on fashion design. They are the product of numerous other influences as well, including many of the things surrounding me in everyday life, and extending to a passion for many areas of the decorative arts, such as the fanciful Chinoiserie designs of the 18th century Frenchman, Jean Pillement. In particular, I would acknowledge the countless other artists through the ages, too numerous too mention here, whose work has electrified my imagination. My pictures are aimed at the fundamental pleasure that almost all of us take in imaginative and quirky ideas. My paintings are for all people, however diverse their backgrounds may be, who share a common delight in art on this level. Harrison Howard

Garden & Be Well, XO Tara

.

Pic from Harrison Howard site. 1 of these would be great. An entire wall? Ooooooooh, yes, better !

2 comments:

Laguna Dirt said...

i love the flattened perspective. gives it a primitive feel. always great to learn about a new artist!

La Petite Gallery said...

I love humor he is FUN..
yvonne