Saturday, November 13, 2010

A House In The Garden

Research discovery; plenty of cheap garden structures, and the too expensive. I'm needing a house in the garden, on a steep slope, behind my client's ca. 1920 Tudor home.
Have settled upon a chinoiserie style roof & plenty of French doors. Need a front deck too. Don't want the switchback trail up the slope to enter from the front, want to enter from the side.
Received the first set of drawings, below, from my contractor last night. All he received from me were several pics & about 12' X 18' please.
His creativity in materials has exceeded expectation.
.
Contractor & client have a phone appt. today about details. Pricing should be complete early next week. No, it won't be cheap. Goldilocks is hoping for 'just right'.
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara
.
Pics, top 2, via research (aka unknown) the past couple of weeks. Bottom 2 pics, via my contractor.

8 comments:

the gardener's cottage said...

hi tara,

oh lord i want that garden house. oh my.

~janet

Terry said...

"exceeded expectation" no doubt. Square lights please. As pretty as the diamonds are the focus my eyes on the windows rather than the view.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

That little garden house is going to be adorable.

FlowerLady

Kathy said...

Tara...that top pic of a garden house is my dream building!....Also...what a brilliant contractor you have....don't forget to post photos of construction and the big reveal! K

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Wonderful! I know it will be perfect.
I have a house in my garden. My husband's studio, complete with screened porch. Edward loves it out there.

Desert Dweller said...

How nice, including having able and allied professionals carry out what is designed.

At best, on most projects, I have to explain every detail...only to have a % of those get "modified" due to ignorance or ego.

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

Tara, I loved the vanishing thresholds... that is great. I have cedar and stone at the entrance of my home and cedar and stone greets you again inside. I just think it makes the most of your first impressions.
How in the world do you keep up with all your blogs. I can barely keep one going...

Unknown said...

This is going to be wonderful- I can't wait to see it when it's "in the works"! I'm feeling so very lucky, because I know you'll take us on the journey with you......:)