Saturday, September 25, 2010

Chinoiserie

Screen door, below, had a horrendous 'colonial' motif. Hired a carpenter to put in the Chinoiserie.Plant foxglove, above, they ALWAYS make you look like you know how to garden !
My front door, above, is Chinoiserie too. The painted pattern copied from artwork in a calendar I had moons ago.
.
OVERDOSE YOUR THEME. French, Italian, Chinoiserie & etc. doesn't matter Poppets, overdose it.
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara
.
Pics from my garden. Love the blog, Chinoiserie Chic.

9 comments:

Karena said...

Tara, I adore your theme and it works perfectly. The foxglove are fabulous!

Karena
Art by Karena

Maura @ Kisiwa Creek Photography said...

Hi Tara!
What great doors...love the design. foxgloves always make me think of English gardens and remind me of my own garden we had in the city. One day we'll have them here in the country. Enjoy your day.
Maura :)

Rob (ourfrenchgarden) said...

Overdose it! ha, ha, I love you.

That foxglove tip's a starter.

Beautiful front door, enjoy your weekend.

La Petite Gallery said...

My fox gloves didn't come up this Summer? Great post.

yvonne

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

I adore foxglove and you are so right...they make one look like a total professional! It makes me crazy that they actually grow wild in Scotland!!

Unknown said...

Speaking of overdosing, I always plant a couple dozen foxgloves, they are definitely one of my favorites!

Desert Dweller said...

"Overdose your theme" - I like that. Fri night in TX, a friend made us dessert, a HOMEMADE barely-baked choc chip cookie, each (6" across), w/ scoops of LOCAL frozen vanilla custard on top.

The way I felt after eating that, is how seeing a garden should leave one feeling!

Jojo said...

I love the idea of going with a theme "overdose." A great way of saying "keep your focus."

the gardener's cottage said...

hi tara,

i'm so jealous of that screen door. so jealous.

~janet