Saturday, July 3, 2010

Houseplants 101

Why I don't, below, have houseplants. Except, 2 years ago 2 Christmas cactus 'spoke'. My 1st nursery job (required: red shirt/kaki pants) was director of houseplants. When my 1st order arrived, a full 18-wheeler, you know who unloaded, into overtime, the whole truck. (Poppets this was before the days of immigrant labor. A college degree punching a time-clock & unloading trucks. Should we discuss my parent's horror? To this day, they abhor my career choice.)

It wasn't long before I was an expert on houseplants. Great JOY when Amy Leigh of

GROWING PLANTS INDOORS was discovered. This girl's ON FIRE !!
.
If you are growing plants indoors then go to Amy Leigh for inspiration or help.
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara
.
Happy to have the Christmas cactus but I've yet to wear a red shirt or sweater again. And I loved the job. Don't miss the 2 1/2 years of going to bed at 8:30pm everynite, bone tired; in my 20's.
.
Top pic: Henry, newest member of my family, he arrived early last month. Found in Susanne Hudson's garden in Douglasville. Perfect provenance !!

3 comments:

JudyMac said...

I love Henry! He will grow up to be a fine specimen of a cat. His curiosity about your taking his picture will take him far. Very much like my Chaucer, a fine orange tabby who is now 16 years old. Keep us posted on Henry's growing up.

desiree said...

I had house plants, but it's difficult with cats and let's not forget to mention the puppy. I've given up for now and focus on the outdoors. I know my time will come!

Jeanne Henriques said...

I will be soon enough and now I have a great resource.
Thanks Tara!!

Best wishes for a wonderful 4th of July!

Jeanne:)