Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Chair

SHIPMAN sent this, below, from Greece yesterday. Of course, in my mind, these chairs have already been designed into fabulous gardens.
.
Graveled terrace, ancient wood harvest/farm table, tree trunk arbor, 3 old chandliers not matching but hanging at the same level above table. 6 of these chairs with a pair of bentwood/cane armchairs at each end of the table.
.
At the entryway of a garden room. A pair of these chairs with chickenwire molded into dog forms covered in a small leafed ivy. At the other end of the garden room another pair with chickenwire in cat forms covered in variegated ivy.
.
In honor of a dear friend a cluster of shopping bags arrayed around the chairs.
.
Of course there are chickenwire forms of people with the chairs...
.
What do you see?
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara
.
Can't wait till you get back SHIPMAN, lunch???

9 comments:

Rob (ourfrenchgarden) said...

Nice description Tara.

Those chairs are definitely male.

cheers

Unknown said...

Oh you MUST create this garden- I can see it so clearly! As always, I love your ideas!

Desert Dweller said...

I like those chairs in a strange way...perhaps not my style, but I could see them as you describe.

Now to see them on a crushed gravel area here with finer textured desert plants, and very few bold accent plants, that let the chairs be THE accents. Hmmm...

the gardener's cottage said...

hi tara,

i love everything you described except...the chairs. i don't like them. sorry. and what do i know anyway?

~janet

Tara Dillard said...

Janet, do not be sorry you don't like the chairs.

Landscape design is the same for formal, informal, sunny, shady, themes........

What do you know? LOADS!!!

XO T

Queenplinker said...

The chairs are beautiful, but that dark room, and what is that in the foreground, a stripper pole?lol

FREE THEM, free them! They beg to be in a garden setting, like fine greek statues.

I can't wait to see the follow through on these!
Have wonderful day,
Lynea

Anonymous said...

Sorry, the chairs are CUTE and you know what that does.

Queenplinker said...

Uh, you know I'm having second thoughts about my comment...You don't need to publish that.lol

Smacking my head, reminding myself I don't NEED to share everything that crosses my mind.

I love the chairs and YOUR plan for them.

I promise to better behaved,
Lynea :0)

Phyllis said...

This chair is derivative of a design by Francois-Rupert Carabin. The original, made in 1896, was in carved Mahogany. If you have the book, 1000 Chairs by Charlotte and Peter Fiell, it is pictured on page 38.